The Fitness Consultant is responsible for promoting and selling memberships to potential new members and selling renewals/upgrades to current gym members.
- Generates sales through Company–sponsored (walk-ins and TI’s) and employee sponsored (outreach and promotions).
- Maintains accurate records of all Company-sponsored and employee-sponsored.
- Follows up on all prospects by using established Gold’s Gym sales systems.
- Conducts gym tours using established Gold’s Gym sales systems.
- Conducts telephone inquiries using established Gold’s Gym sales systems.
- Establishes and maintains a minimum of 10 lead boxes/bowls in the community on a monthly basis.
- Must establish and maintain a minimum required referral program as defined by Gold’s Gym Company standards.
- Maintain FC planner using established sales systems.
- Must be current on Gold’s Gym Company pricing and promotion schedule.
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Has a thorough knowledge of, adheres to, and enforces Company policies and procedures as they pertain to gym operations.
- Assumes responsibility for developing selling skills.
- Prepares for, attends and actively participates in sales meetings.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the rest of the staff. Supports other staff in achieving their goals
- Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager.
- Successfully completes the FC Training courses.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High school diploma and some college course completion required. College degree, either Associate or Bachelor’s preferred.
- Excellent sales, communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass all testing requirements including gym tours, telephone inquiry, counselor planner audit, guest card audit, lead box/bowl program, referral program and corporate outreach program.
- Ability to achieve acceptable level of units per month.
- Thorough understanding of Gold’s Gym’s membership sales systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Daily Sales Stat report and its contents.
- Basic computer skills.
- Current CPR Certification
Gold's Gym - American Fitness, Inc.
Stronger with YOU
Gold’s Gym is one of the most iconic brands in the world. As “The Authority in Fitness Since 1965”, Gold’s Gym is recognized for superior service, facilities, programs, and products. Our roots are in Southern California serving workout enthusiasts and people who are serious about fitness and passionate about life. Founder Joe Gold knew how to provide the most motivating and inspiring environment to encourage people to challenge themselves and become the most they could be. Today’s Gold’s Gyms carry that philosophy forward and enhance it with expanding offerings, innovation, and technology.
As part of the Gold’s Gym family you will experience the pride and privilege of being a part of this great heritage. You will feel incredible empowerment from helping others change their lives for the better, just as Joe himself felt. Whether a single mom or a premier athlete, Gold’s Gym is the community resource for everything health and fitness.
Our Core values are: Integrity, Passion, Pride, and Leadership. If you share these values, enjoy working hard, and are selected as a Gold’s Gym Professional – you will have a rewarding career with us in changing lives for the better.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)